Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lab 3: Neogeography

 This week, I've created an interactive guide to all my favorite vegan restaurants. 


View My Vegan Cuisine in a larger map

This map includes pictures, a video, and routes to each of these fantastic restaurants throughout my region.  Neogeography is really amazing because it is so accessible and easy to use.  There are some downfalls however.  With so much accessibility, anyone can create any map, with no accountability for accuracy or appropriateness.  Maps can be misleading, or even offensive to some, such as a map of strip clubs, or marijuana dispensaries.   Also, since these maps are available for anyone to view, they could fall into the wrong hands.  Any terrorist group can see a map for events, large gatherings, etc. which can be a resource for them.  With my map, for example, I could have listed my home address, and anyone would have had access to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment